Alex Cooper Auctioneers to Host Public Auctions August 1-3
Alex Cooper Auctioneers, one of the largest auction houses in the mid-Atlantic, will host public auctions on Saturday, August 1 – Monday, August 3 at its gallery in Towson, Md. During the August 1-August 2 auction, the public will have the opportunity to bid on fine-quality items from different countries and time periods, including: unique antiques, modern and quality reproduction furniture, American and continental paintings and sculptures, Chinese export porcelain, oriental rugs and other collectables. The August 3 auction will feature jewelry, Russian silver and cloisonné.
Below is a sampling of items that will be available at the August 1-2 auction:
- Chinese export rose medallion punch bowl
- George III japanned case mantle clock
- Federal mahogany and cherry tall chest, Delaware Valley, circa 1790; 62 ½ in. H., 34 ½ W., 21 ½ in. D.
- Chihuly glass
Jewelry, Russian silver and cloisonné will be available at the August 3 auction, and will include:
- Russian silver-gilt and cloisonné enamel salt throne along with a Russian silver-gilt, cloisonné enamel and jeweled tray
- Hermes style 14k yellow gold “Anchor Link” chain necklace
- A.E. Warner repousse silver five piece coffee and tea service, 19th century
Buyers are invited to visit the gallery and preview items before the auctions during exhibitions on Wednesday, July 29 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Thursday, July 30 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; and Friday, July 31 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Katie Grieco