ART CALL TO ARTISTS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS – RED 2019
- Submission Deadline: August 12, 2019 (12:00 Midnight EST)
- Curator Selection: on or before August 15, 2019
- Artist Notification: on or before August 16, 2019
- Grant Announcement: on or before August 16, 2019
- Exhibit Opens: August 31, 2019
“If you are only moved by color relationships, you are missing the point. I am interested in expressing the big emotions - tragedy, ecstasy, doom.”
Fifteen artists will be selected for an online group exhibit, "Red 2019 " at Gallery25N; the exhibit and artists will be extensively marketed worldwide to over 32,000 people including art buyers, gallery owners, curators, collectors, etc.
Theme and Selection:
“RED 2019” – The curators are looking for artwork that reflects an artist’s interpretation of a subject or theme enhanced through the use of the color red. The extent of this application has no required parameters; the choice rests within the artist’s vision. Colors often symbolize a variety of emotions, an artist’s truth, perhaps wild fantasies---from war, power, heat, love, sexuality, anger, and joy to “soft” idealisms---these are but a few examples. Red, in particular here, can be used to draw the viewer closer emotionally in a way which enhances their reaction to the art. It may define intuitively an intended focal point that carries the viewer more deeply into the artist’s message.
Eligibility: This competition is open to all artists/photographers 18 years of age or older. Submissions for consideration can be expressed in any of the following aspects: representational, expressionism, surrealism, or abstraction.
Extensive Marketing of the Exhibit and Artists:
Gallery 25N's mission is to provide artists with exposure and extensive marketing of their art and accomplishments to our international list of clientele. Gallery25N.com and Art-Competition.net will co-market the artists and their work in the exhibition worldwide in the following ways:
- Grant Opportunity: Recipient of the "Christopher E. Burke Fine Art Grant" will receive $300.00. This artist's creation will become the image of the exhibition and will be used on the invitation, video title screen, and on all online marketing for the exhibit. In addition, the grant recipient will have a dedicated marketing campaign about their art and accomplishments sent to over 477,000 recipients worldwide. The artist will also be featured in the Art Market News letter.
- Invitations: An electronic invitation for the online exhibit's opening will be sent to the combined international clientele lists of Gallery25N.com and Art-Competition.net. These lists exceed 32,000 recipients.
- Press Release: Press release announcements will be sent out for the opening of the Group Exhibit. The press releases will provide an international buzz about the exhibit and the artists' work.
- Event Listings & Calendars: The group exhibits will also be promoted in numerous online event listings. These event lists not only provide a timely promotion of the exhibit they also provide ongoing social media marketing.
- Social Media Marketing: The exhibition, artists and their artworks will be marketed through Art-Competition.net, International Artists Directory and Gallery 25N's social media-marketing networks via LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tweeter, GooglePlus, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Art Market News:The artists and the exhibition will be featured in "Art Market News™" with over 32,000 subscribers in the art market place worldwide. Subscribers consist of art buyers, fine art galleries, corporate art buyers, exhibit curators, fine art agents, architects, property developers, interior designers and art lovers. ArtMarketNews.net provides links back to the artists' website.
- Online Presence: After the exhibit ends, the artists' exhibit will remain in the "Past Exhibits" section of Gallery 25N's website with a back-link to the artist's websites.
- Video: A video is created of the artists work and exhibit for publication on Gallery 25N's website and YouTube Channel with over 53,000 views to date.
Proceeds from this art competition support the following:
-Free drawing and painting lessons at http://www.DrawingandPaintingLessons.com
-Gallery exhibits at http://Gallery25n.com
-Free art market news at http://artmarketnews.net
-Supports the Internal Artist Directory online at http://internationalartistdirectory.com