Alex Cooper Auctioneers to Host Postage Stamp and Coin Auction on Aug. 12
Alex Cooper Auctioneers, one of the largest auction houses in the mid-Atlantic, will host a postage stamp and coin auction on Wednesday, Aug. 12 at its gallery in Towson, Md. At the auction, the public will have the opportunity to bid on rare United States stamps, and gold and silver coins. These unique stamps and coins range from the 18th to the 20th century.
Sample stamps and coins for the auction include:
- U.S. 5 c. red brown, issue of 1847
- U.S. 10 c. green, Type II, issue of 1857-'60
- U.S. 2 c. black, issue of 1867, with grill "Z"
- U.S. 7 Morgan Dollars, 1883-1921
- U.S. Coronet type gold eagle ($10), 1900
- U.S. St. Gaudens gold double eagle ($20), 1924
Buyers are invited to visit the gallery and preview items before the auction during an exhibition on Monday, Aug. 10 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Tuesday, Aug. 11 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Wednesday, Aug. 12 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
To participate in this auction online, please visit:
- Alex Cooper Auctioneers