Phillips in Association with Poly Auction 20th Century &Contemporary Art Evening Sale Realises HK$387,995,000/ US$50,051,355
- World auction records set for 4 artists including Salman Toor, Matthew Wong, Bernard Frize, and Lucas Arruda.
- Yoshitomo Nara’s Hothouse Doll sold for HK$103,115,000/ US$4,871,040, set the 2nd highest auction price for the artist.
- Matthew Wong’s River at Dusk achieved HK$ 37,760,000, soared to nearly 4 times its pre-sale high estimate and set a new auction record for the artist.
- This season marked Salmon Toor and Lucas Arruda’s auction debut in Asia. Following world record achieved by Phillips London in October, Salmon Toor’s Group Dance fetched HK$4,032,000, far surpassing the HK$3.8-4.8 million estimate and set a new auction record for the artist. One of the largest sized pieces to appear at auction, Lucas Arruda’s Untitled, from the artist’s Deserto-Modelo series, sold for HK$ 3,780,000, setting a new world auction record for Arruda, following world auction record achieved by Phillips London in February 2020.
- Bidders from across 26 countries and regions vying for different works in the Evening Sale.
- The Evening Sale achieved a remarkable HK$388 million/ US$50 million, surpassing the HK$254-365 million pre-sale estimate.
- The live auction event was being telegraphed worldwide from our auction room set in Hong Kong, with two live video and bidding feeds from Poly and Phillips specialists in Beijing, bringing huge excitement and energy to a number of top lots with competing bids between representatives from both Poly and Phillips.
Phillips– Ingrid Hsu, Public Relations Director, Phillips Asia firstname.lastname@example.org +852 2318 2043
Poly Hong Kong – Fatima Lam, Head of Public Relations and Marketing email@example.com +852 2303 9891
Phillips is a leading global platform for buying and selling 20th and 21st century art and design. With dedicated expertise in the areas of 20th Century and Contemporary Art, Design, Photographs, Editions, Watches, and Jewelry, Phillips offers professional services and advice on all aspects of collecting. Auctions and exhibitions are held at salerooms in New York, London, Geneva, and Hong Kong, while clients are further served through representative offices based throughout Europe, the United States and Asia. Phillips also offers an online auction platform accessible anywhere in the world. In addition to providing selling and buying opportunities through auction, Phillips brokers private sales and offers assistance with appraisals, valuations, and other financial services. Visit www.phillips.com for further information.
PHILLIPS HONG KONG - 14/F St. George’s Building, 2 Ice House Street, Central Hong Kong
PHILLIPS NEW YORK - 450 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10022
PHILLIPS LONDON - 30 Berkeley Square, London, W1J 6EX
VISIT US AT: www.phillips.com
ABOUT POLY AUCTION
Poly Auction is a professional art auction platform under Poly Culture Group, a Hong Kong listed and state-owned enterprise, which has maintained its leading position in Chinese art auctions around the globe. The company is committed to providing clients with top-notch services that comprise the industry chain in art dealing including auctions, private sales, valuation, and financial services. There are several subsidiaries under the housing of Poly Auction including Beijing Poly Auction, Poly Auction Hong Kong, Poly Auction Macau, Poly Auction Xiamen, and Poly Auction Shandong with a network all over Asia, Europe and the United States. Our team of experienced experts aim to provide excellency with their accumulated resources across the globe and professionalism in buying and selling of art. Visit www.polypm.com.cn and www.polyauction.com.hk for further information.
POLY AUCTION HONG KONG – Suites 701-708, 7/F, One Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
BEIJING POLY INTERNATIONAL AUCTION – 3/F, New Poly Plaza, 1 North Chaoyangmen Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing China
POLY MACAU – Alameda Dr. Carlos D’Assumpção, n°s 336, Centro Comercial Cheng Feng 16 Andar, Macau
Phillips Hong Kong
+852 2318 2043