Beverly Hills, California - September 14, 2016 - Carlyle Galleries International, Inc., (www.carlyle-auctions.com) the online fine art dealers and auctioneers, is proud to announce their next auction: 500 Years of Art: Old Masters to Contemporary” Online Fine Art Auction - Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 10:00AM Pacific Time.
Carlyle's latest online auction features nearly 200 lots of fresh-to-the-market paintings, sculpture, prints & multiples. With low starting prices and reasonable estimates, this auction offers many bargains for the sophisticated art buyer.
Carlyle will be offering an eclectic mix of fine art: from Old Masters and Russian Icons, to European Impressionist / Modern paintings. A highlight of the auction will be a important collection of Wildlife and Sporting paintings by internationally acclaimed artists. The sale also features important modern and contemporary paintings by American, Latin, Asian and Russian artists.
Many artworks are from local Los Angeles celebrity collections and estates, as well as consignors from all over the United States, and Europe, and Asia. Starting prices on some lots are only $100, with most items in the $2,000-5,000 range, making them highly accessible to collectors of all budgets.
Auction Highlights include:
- A pair of mid-century abstract paintings by French-Romanian modernist Alexander Istrati (1915-1991). The paintings come from the estate of famed violinist Louis Kaufman, who is considered most recorded musical artist of the 20th century. Kaufman played on the soundtrack of as many as 500 movies and made over 100 musical recordings. Starting price of only $1,000
- A large selection of modern and contemporary American art, including works by Harry Bertoia, Moses Soyer, Leonard Baskin, Leon Kroll, and Robert Rauschenberg.
- An important Jonas Lie (1880-1940) Dutch harbor painting, from notable Ohio collection. The painting has been in the same family collection for over 80 years, and is fresh-to-the-market. The auction estimate is $20,000-30,000.
- A newly-discovered Flemish Old Master painting attributed to Theodoor van Thulden (1606–1669), a pupil of Peter Paul Rubens. The painting on wood panel, depicts St. Martin, atop his horse, dividing his cloak for a beggar. This appears to be a previously unknown work by van Thulden, in a similar composition to his contemporaries such as Peter Paul Rubens and Anthony van Dyck, who painted this subject. The painting carries an estimate of $8,000-12,000.
- An important collection of wildlife paintings by internationally acclaimed artists, Donald Grant (British, 1930-2001), David Shepherd (British, 1931 - ), Kobus Moller and others, which depict African wildlife like cheetahs, elephants, lions and other big cats. Auction estimates starting at $10,000.
- A large selection of antique 18th & 19th century Russian Icons, at price points between $800-2,000.
- More than 50 Old Master Italian, Dutch, and Flemish paintings and drawings, with estimates between $400-8,000.
- An important painting by Cuban artist Jose Bedia Valdes, estimated at $10,000-20,000 and other works by famous Latin artists.
- An important collection off Russian and Soviet-era contemporary art by leading artists including Chemiakin, Bielutin and others with estimates starting as low as $1,000
Carlyle is now accepting consignments for the October 27, 2016 auction.
Carlyle Galleries International, Inc.
310-579-9697 ext 700
9701 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, California
About Carlyle Galleries International, Inc.
Carlyle Galleries International, Inc. is an online Fine Art Dealer & Auctioneer based in Beverly Hills, California, serving an international collector base in over 35 countries. Carlyle specializes in the "middle-market"($5,000-$100,000) in: Old Master & 19th Century, Impressionist/Modern and Post-War & Contemporary art, and runs auctions every month.