Lambertville, NJ – East meets West in Rago’s Coins and Currency auction on Friday, September 9 and its Great Estates auction Saturday, September 10.
Coins and Currency: Friday, September 9 at 3:30 p.m., 121 lots
Featuring a mix of American, World, and Ancient Coins as well as a nice collection of Type Coins in PCGS old rattler holders. Several numismatic rarities including a 1893-CC $20.00 Gold Coin graded AU55 and featured on the PCGS website, a U.S. 1854 10C Coin in a PCGS rattler holder graded MS66, a U.S. Proof 1872 Seated Liberty $1.00 Coin in a PCGS rattler holder graded PR64 and a U.S. 1894-O Morgan Silver Dollar PCGS graded MS62. Fine selection of ancient coins with price points to fit everyone’s budget; plus the opportunity to own a 2000 year old coin.
Great Estates: Saturday, September 10 at 10 a.m., 698 lots
Asian Art and Design featuring Chinese furniture and Japanese cloisonné, which includes pieces from the workshops of Hayashi Kodenji; modern Chinese artwork by Tseng Ying Pang and more; a collection of Japanese block prints, most from a private Philadelphia collector, representing over 200 years of the art from Ando Hiroshige to Ryohei Tanaka. Fine European Porcelain highlighted by Meissen, Sevres and Crown Derby. European, English and American Textiles and English, European and American Furniture spanning centuries and styles. Collectibles such as a Macquoid Jar, Battling Siki bronze boxing sculpture, circa 1940 Wall Street road sign and an Italian pyrotechnic book, as well as a large collection of Sterling Silver from around the world featuring Judaica, English, Russian, American and Persian. Fine Art including works by Anton Otto Fischer and Joseph Nigg.
- Saturday, September 3 through Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 12–5 p.m. Closed Monday, September 5 for Labor Day. Thursday, September 8, 12-7 p.m. Also by appointment. Doors open at 9 a.m. on sale days.
- Open House featuring Leila Amineddoleh, “Cultural Heritage Vandalism and Looting” on Wednesday, September 7. The auction house opens at noon, reception at 5 p.m., lecture at 6 p.m. RSVP: 609.397.9374, ext. 125 or email@example.com.
- Rago is located midway between NYC (1 hr. 15 min) and Philadelphia (50 min). Directions online at ragoarts.com.
- Telephone/absentee bidding available at 609.397.9374. Online bidding available at www.bidsquare.com for those unable to attend.
- Printed catalogues are available for $20 at the auction house, by calling 609.397.9374 or by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- View a complete online catalogue with color images at www.com and www.bidsquare.com, online as of August 19.
333 N. Main Street
Lambertville, New Jersey