Carolyn and Edwin Gledhill were a husband-and-wife photography team who ran a studio in Santa Barbara in the early twentieth century. The Gledhills photographed prominent artists, literati, and the upper-class as they passed through Santa Barbara, as well as high-profile events, including the Panama-Pacific International Exposition in San Francisco in 1915. This exhibition highlights selections from the California Museum of Photography's collection of over 150 Gledhill photographs, considering the breadth of work produced in their prolific partnership.
Image: The Gledhills, Carolyn Gledhill and Keith, 1912, gum dichromate print, collection of the California Museum of Photography at UCR ARTS, gift of Peggy and Keith Gledhill.
UCR ARTS opened to the public in 2010, bringing together the California Museum of Photography (founded in 1973), the Jack and Marilyn Sweeney Art Gallery (1963), and the Barbara and Art Culver Center of the Arts (2010), in Riverside, California.