As the fourth iteration of TEFAF New York Fall approaches, the Fair reveals a ‘First Look’ at a selection of works to be unveiled at the Park Avenue Armory, November 1-5, 2019. Covering a staggering 7,000 years of art history, TEFAF represents, in aggregate, the finest showing of art, antiques and design, from antiquity to contemporary, at any New York fair.
Illustrating TEFAF New York’s breadth and depth will be outstanding pieces such as a George III Carved Giltwood Chimneypiece, 1760, attributed to Matthias Lock, in Giltwood and Marble at Ronald Phillips LTD / Stand 357, from Stedcombe House, Devon, England; Man with a Brush Cut by Karel Appel (Amsterdam, 1921 – Zurich, 2006), Oil on burlap, at new exhibitor Galerie De La Béraudière / Stand 104; and a rare Pair of Japanese Six-Fold Screens with Cherry Trees and Chrysanthemums on a Gold Ground from the Hasegawa School in Ink, color, gold leaf, paper, Momoyama period, 16th-17th Century at Gregg Baker / Stand 353.
TEFAF has been widely recognized for introducing new ways of looking at, thinking about, and experiencing art. Building on the success of the past three editions, the Fair reinforces the continued relevance of historic art in the current art market bringing together an international community of the most discerning art collectors, curators, interior designers and specialists. For the first time, the historic works which make up the core of TEFAF New York Fall will be complemented by works from modern and contemporary dealers in unique booth collaborations, set in select historic rooms of the Armory.
“We are proud to be working with a globally and stylistically diverse range of 90 specialist dealers,'' says Sofie Scheerlinck, Managing Director of TEFAF New York. “The breadth of this Fair is even greater this year with the addition of some exciting new exhibitors, alongside an already eminent roster of specialists, all of whom represent the top of their fields in quality and taste. At each Fair we work to bring visitors a truly extraordinary experience at the Armory through outstanding programming, special exhibitions, installations, design and events. This year is no exception.”
Of those 90 galleries, TEFAF New York welcomes 17 new exhibitors to TEFAF New York Fall 2019. Here is a First Look:
- Anne-Sophie Duval (Stand 203) widely known as one of the most important specialists of Art Deco furniture and applied arts of the early twentieth-century is based in Paris, France, where it has been in operation since 1972.
- Artvera’s (Stand 373) is a Geneva-based gallery specializing in European masters of modern art since 2007. To complement its 20th century Modern masters, Artvera’s also showcases noteworthy nationally and internationally established and emerging contemporary artists.
- Bacarelli & Botticelli, Gallery based in Florence, gives special consideration to the relationship between human physiognomy and animal depiction in ancient art.
- Founded in 1986 in Milan, Bottegantica (Stand 367) specializes in 19th and 20th century paintings from the most distinguished artists of the time.
- Brun Fine Art (Stand 377) is a Milan-based gallery with locations in Florence and London, specializing in Italian and continental sculpture, antique furniture, and decorative works from the 15th to the 19th century.
- Cortesi Gallery (Stand 211) was founded in 2013 in Switzerland, specializing in European artistic movements from the 60s to the present day. The gallery is known for its collaborative exhibitions with specialists, including guest curators and educators.
- Galerie Alain Marcelpoil (Stand 207) Alain Marcelpoil is a renowned expert in the field of Art Deco and is recognized internationally as the leading specialist in the work of designer Andre Sornay (1902-2000). The gallery was founded by Alain Marcelpoil and Nicole Marcelpoil in Paris, France in 2006.
- Founded in 1992, Galerie de la Béraudière (Stand 104) is a renowned Paris-based gallery with locations in Geneva and Brussels. Its collection gives particular focus to the surrealist movement, providing top quality paintings and sculptures to collectors and institutions.
- Established in 1998, Galerie Zlotowski (Stand 318) is dedicated to modern and avant-garde art of the early 20th century, including European paintings, drawings and sculpture from 1870 onwards.
- Hazlitt (Stand 376) is a leading firm of London-based Art Dealers specialising in Master Paintings and Drawings from the 16th to the 20th century.
- Deriving its name from the ancient Greek word for “beauty,” Kallos Gallery (Stand 352) is a London gallery founded in 2014 specializing in antiquities and ancient art.
- Montreal gallery Landau Fine Art (Stand 337) is focused primarily on the great masters of the early to mid 20th century.
- Spanish gallery Mayoral (Stand 202) focuses on informalism as well as on Catalan and Spanish post-war art as well as the great avant-garde artists of the 20th century.
- Michael Goedhuis (Stand 313) established in 1989, offers Chinese contemporary art, with a particular focus on ink paintings, as well as Chinese and Japanese bronzes from the 11th century A.D onwards.
- Nicolás Cortés (Stand 303) Madrid-based specialists in European painting and sculpture and arts of the Spanish-speaking world.
- SHIBUNKAKU (Stand 101) was established in Kyoto in 1937. Initially specializing in early modern and modern Japanese fine art with an emphasis on calligraphy and painting, the gallery later expanded its expertise to postwar and contemporary art.
- Stuart Lochhead Sculpture (Stand 376) offers the best in all media from antiquity to the 20th century, featuring celebrated and little known sculptors alike.
# # #
Note for editors:
Go to www.tefaf.com/press for press releases and high-resolution images
About TEFAF New York
TEFAF New York was founded in early 2016 to host two annual art fairs in New York at the Park Avenue Armory, TEFAF New York Fall and TEFAF New York Spring. Each Fair features around 90 leading exhibitors from around the globe. Tom Postma Design, celebrated for its innovative work with leading museums, galleries, and art fairs, has developed designs for the Fairs that interplay with the spectacular spaces while giving them a lighter, contemporary look and feel. Exhibitor stands will flow throughout the Armory’s landmark building encompassing the Wade Thompson Drill Hall and extending to both the first and second floors of the Armory’s period rooms, creating a Fair of unprecedented depth and impact in New York City.
About Bank of America
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving approximately 67 million consumer and small business clients with approximately 4,400 retail financial centers, including more than 1,700 lending centers, more than 1,900 Merrill Edge investment centers and more than 1,300 business centers; approximately 16,100 ATMs; and award-winning digital banking with more than 36 million active users, including 25 million mobile users. Bank of America is a global leader in wealth management, corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes, serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world. Bank of America offers industry-leading support to approximately 3 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients through operations across the United States, its territories and more than 35 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE: BAC) is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Magda Grigorian, firstname.lastname@example.org +1 212 829 0002
Austin Durling, email@example.com +1 212 829 0002
Lauren Cody, firstname.lastname@example.org +1 212 829 0002
Graciela Prosperi, email@example.com +31 6 52600055
Nina Hartmann, firstname.lastname@example.org
TEFAF New York Office
1 Rockefeller Plaza,
11 th Floor,
New York, NY 10020,
+1 646 202 1390
Please visit www.tefaf.com