If you are now talking more on screen, why not inform us while sitting in front of an antique American quilt, an antique handwoven coverlet, perhaps a hooked rug, a paisley shawl, a Navajo rug or a wonderful international textile? Use an antique textile as a most impressive backdrop for your Zoom presentation, your video conference, your school lecture, your YouTube tutorial, your company meeting or any social media video appearance you might make.
To enhance your surroundings and to make your home or office appear welcoming (yet not distracting) as we glimpse your shelter-in-place interiors, a piece from Laura Fisher of NYC’s acclaimed FISHER HERITAGE can help. Thanks to Fisher's long experience providing textiles and props for home design photo shoots, for films and TV, she is sensitive to how pieces appear through the camera's eye, and is knowledgeable as to what might work best with your decor.
Increase your credibility as a memorable presenter by sitting in front of a textile instead of the ubiquitous bookcase or kitchen cupboard! A textile of 4 feet or more is a sophisticated way to fill any bare space with a substantial comprehensible visual.
Fisher's NYC gallery, by appointment only, offers a great variety of attractive pieces to hang behind you for your on-air presentation and can be kept as a lasting design element with historic value. Do check the website laurafisherquilts.com or call 917/797-1260 to review myriad choices.
All items are available for purchase, and, in a novel offshoot to the novel coronavirus, available for rental too if your need is just short term.
Among the items you might consider are:
* LEMOYNE STARS ANTIQUE PIECED QUILT, c. 1870s, multicolor multiprint cottons, apricot border
* LADY OF THE LAKE ANTIQUE PIECED QUILT c 1870s, indigo and white cotton
* FOUR QUADRANT FLOWERS IN TINY BASKETS APPLIQUE QUILT,1870s, solid red, teal and white cottons
* CENTER MEDALLION JACQUARD NEW YORK STATE COVERLET,c. 1840s, indigo wool and natural cotton
* PA. BIEDERWAND COVERLET WITH CORNER STAGS c. 1860s, a complex intricate weave
* rare VINTAGE NAVAJO AMERICAN FLAG RUG,1960s, wool
* French ALL OVER FLORAL FINE 19th C SHAWL
* ANTIQUE HOOKED RUG WITH RED DIAMONDS AND STRIPES
* A TUMBLING BLOCKS ANTIQUE HOOKED RUG
* 8 A TRAPUNTO WHITEWORK EARLY 19TH C QUILT
Visit the website laurafisherquilts.com