Art for the home is emphasized with 23 emerging and mid-career artists showcasing their work as part of the Home Design and Remodeling Show’s newest featured titled, “At Home with Art.” On hand for the duration of the Show, the “ambassador” artists provide visitors insight about his/her artistic vision, style, and Miami’s art resources and events.
Artists were selected following a call for artists and selection process, (by Home Show representatives) based on the artist’s skills and support of Miami’s artistic community through education or service projects.
“Art is so much more than a ‘piece’ that matches a color scheme,” comments Sharon Berube, Home Show Spokesperson. “By having the creators present, homeowners can gain insight, make an emotional connection to the art, as well as appreciate its monetary and intrinsic value. We are excited to provide this medium of communication!”
“At Home with Art” (sponsored by Around Town Art and Culture Magazine) will consist of:
(1) Four curated art spaces consisting of two and three dimensional art of various mediums, by artists: Tatiana Blanco, Emil Bodourov, Armando Colls, Gianna DiBartolomeo, Marta Echazarreta, Nereida Garcia Ferraz, Leah Guzman, Tamara Hervera, Lorie Ofir, Krisse Pasternack, Cecilia Paz, and Jose Pita Vazquez;
(2) Viernes Culturales presents four artists from the Little Havana Art District: Astrid Alcayaga, Ninoska Perez Castellon, Madelin Perez Noa, and Fredy Villamil;
(3) Street art style for the home can be found at the Urban ArtSpace empowered by The Art|Experience. See the work of some of Miami’s most popular graffiti and street artists, who will offer live painting demostrations on stage, plus collaborate on a large, “wall” size canvas that will be donated to ASPIRA ARTS DECO, a new charter school in Wynwood dedicated to Arts and Design;
Participating artists are: Don Rimx, Abstrk, Luis Valle, Atomik, Nicole Salgar, and Trek 6. Proceeds from this collective fundraiser will benefit their new school arts program opening in 2016 in Wynwood. Aspira of Florida has educated inner city children for the past 56 years, their new creative arts program will add to empower the legacy of tomorrow's creative thinkers and artists;
(4) Street Art vs. Fine Art? Totally different or somehow the same? At 3:00 pm, on Sunday, September 6th, join a panel of professional artists, gallerists, interior designers, and visual art journalists who will give insight to how, and how much to invest in art along with some friendly rivalry among artists and professionals from both sides of the spectrum; and
(5) As Miami’s most popular outdoor art show, the Coconut Grove Arts Festival (CGAF) gives Home Show-goers a sneak peek at some of the pieces that have inspired the event over the years. Among those featured in the exhibit is last year’s official poster and incredibly popular sailboat image, “Voilier,” created by internationally recognized painter Duaív. Known world-wide for his colorful marine imagery, Duaív will be making several appearances during the show and hosting live painting sessions where art lovers can interact and see firsthand how one piece of artwork can inspire an entire design theme.
Visit www.homeshows.net/featured.html for times and schedule.
“At Home with Art” – Fine Art for the Home plus NEW Urban ArtSpace
Miami Home Design and Remodeling Show
September 4-8, 2015
Miami Beach Convention Center
1901 Convention Center Dr.
Miami Beach, FL
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/382138731982323/
Friday, September 4: 6:00 pm -10:30 pm
Saturday, September 5: 12:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Sunday, September 6: 12:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Monday, September 7: (Labor Day) 12:00 pm -7:30 pm
Tuesday, September 8: 6:00 pm -10:30 pm
Regular Price $10 adults, $1.00 children under 11. Special adult discount tickets can be purchased online in advance for $7 online ticket by September 3rd.(Regular price tickets go on sale September 4th).
About the Home Design & Remodeling Show
The Home Design and Remodeling Show will showcase a comprehensive collection of home improvements, interior design and home renovations for indoors and out. Personalized, one-on-one interaction with industry experts is a mainstay of the Home Show. In addition, complimentary seminars by experts are featured. Home Show Management Corp, producers of the Home Show, has been producing quality events in South Florida for over forty years.