FU BAOSHI WORK ON PAPER SELLS FOR $156,250 IN RAGO’S $1.3 MILLION GREAT ESTATES AND STAMPS, COINS AND CURRENCY AUCTIONS, SEPTEMBER 10-11.
Lambertville, NJ: Rago Arts and Auction Center's Great Estates and Stamps, Coins and Currency Auctions, September 10 and 11 resulted in total sales of $1,316,399 for the auction house and its consignors.
GREAT ESTATES, STAMPS, COINS AND CURRENCY AUCTION RESULTS
- Hammer: $1,060,410
- Hammer + BP: $1,316,399
- Number of Lots: 944
GREAT ESTATES AUCTION RESULTS
- Hammer: $857,885
- Hammer + BP: $1,072,356
- Low Estimate: $886,100
- High Estimate: $1,333,550
- Number of lots: 747
- Percent sold: 75%
- Bidders in house: 74
- Absentee bidders: 57
- Phone bidders: 126
- Registered online bidders (Bidsquare and LiveAuctioneers): From: U.S., Canada, U.K. Denmark, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, Finland, Russia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Egypt, Israel, Venezuela, Ecuador, Iceland, Japan, Thailand, India, Austria, Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, Malaysia, and China.
TOP LOTS – GREAT ESTATES AUCTION
- 2359 Fu Baoshi, Untitled, Ink and color on paper $156,250
- 2685a Persian Manuscript Pages $32,500
- 2332 Pair of Chinese Huanghuali Side Tables $26,250
- 2200 Pottier and Stymus (Attr.) Victorian Bedroom Set $18,750
- 2715 Joseph Francis Kernan, Untitled; Oil on canvas $17,500
- 2333 Pair of Chinese Hardstone Table Screens $16,250
- 2249 Jean-Jacques Caffieri, Depicting a river god $15,000
- 2256 Tiffany & Co. Chrysanthemum Sterling $11,875
- 2380 Italian Ebonized Vitrine Cabinet $11,875
- 2134 William and Mary Walnut Tall Case Clock $10,000
STAMPS, COINS AND CURRENCY AUCTION RESULTS
- Hammer: $202,525
- Hammer + BP: $244,043 (Stamps, Coins and Currency buyer’s premium: 20.5%)
- Low Estimate: $130,350
- High Estimate: $184,650
- Number of lots: 197
- Bidders in house: 22
- Absentee bidders: 9
- Phone bidders: 9
- Percent sold: 96%
- Registered online bidders (Bidsquare and LiveAuctioneers): From: U.S., Canada, U.K., Ecuador, Italy, France, Austria, Denmark, Greece, Germany, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Thailand, and China.
TOP LOTS – STAMPS, COINS AND CURRENCY AUCTION
- 3056 Coins of China, Japan, Etc. $10,243
- 3064 Coins of Egypt $4,820
- 3185 U.S. Morgan Silver $1.00 Coins $3,916
- 3025 Stamps of Great Britain Colonies and Protectorate $3,615
- 3066 Coins of Africa $3,615
- 3069 Coins of the Middle East $3,615
- 3120 World Coins $3,615
- 3167 U.S. Washington Silver 25C Coins $3,495
- 3019 Stamps of Falkland Islands $3,254
- 3023 Stamps of Sierra Leone $3,254
Rago Auctions will hold the next Great Estates Auction on December 5, 2015. Consignments are now being accepted for all auctions: 609.397.9374 or email@example.com.
To the Editor
High resolution images available on request.
About Rago Arts and Auction Center: Rago is a leading U.S. auction house with $30 million in annual sales. It serves thousands of sellers and buyers yearly with a singular blend of global reach, personal service and competitive commissions for single pieces, collections and estates. Rago holds auctions of 20th/21st c. design, fine art, decorative arts, furnishings, jewelry, Asian, militaria, coins and currency, silver, historic ephemera, and ethnographic property. Rago also provides a range of appraisal services conducted by USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) compliant appraisers, performed to the highest standards set by the IRS, insurers and the Appraisers Association of America. Rago is located in New Jersey, midway between New York City and Philadelphia.
END OF PRESS RELEASE
333 N. Main Street
Lambertville, New Jersey